SC - The Dom AND the Ro

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 9 15:53:26 PDT 1998

>Now my question is, why are there few surviving recipes?

Hello!  I have gathered together about 400 surviving documented brewing
recipes for ale, beer, mead, wine, etc., in my book "A Sip Through Time".
These recipes date from c. 1800 B.C. to c. 1900 A.D.

I've posted 2 mead recipes from Digby to:
http://www.alcasoft.com/renfrow/sample.html

plus links to other sites with more historic recipes at:
http://members.aol.com/renfrowcm/links.html

Your questions regarding historic brewing techniques are most welcome on
the historical brewing list. "To subscribe to this list, send email to
majordomo at pbm.com containing the words "subscribe hist-brewing". To contact
a human about problems, send mail to owner-hist-brewing at pbm.com"

There is also a list specifically for mead.  "Use mead-request at talisman.com
for [un]subscribe/admin requests.  When subscribing, please include name
and email address in body of message. Digest archives and FAQ are available
for anonymous ftp at ftp.stanford.edu in pub/clubs/homebrew/mead."

HTH,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net