SC - Rarity of Fermantation recipes (was Fermented Beverage R ecipe

Wed Jun 10 11:59:47 PDT 1998

Hi listfolk!

	Quick question:  I've heard many different theories on substitutions of modern squashes for period gourds.

	Which substitution choices available this time of year are the least obtrusively mundane in color and appearance (as I don't have an experimental garden going as yet)?

	Thanks in advance,

		- kat