SC - salt problem

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 06:40:32 PDT 1998

In Pennsylvania, if you find a butcher who processes meat for hunters, he
usually has a surplus after hunting season.  30 days after hunting season he's
aloud to sell it forr cost to anyone who wants it.  We've done this a few
years in as row for SCA feats and personal use.  It runs us about $60-$70 for
an entire deer, already processed into steaks, chops, ground meat and maybe a
roast or two.  This woks out to rouughly $1.35 a lb!!!

I always marinade the steaks and chops in oil and apple cider vinager and
always is delicious. good luck in YOUR hunts.  Katerina la Bisbetica