SC - Redheads

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Jun 11 14:36:54 PDT 1998

Stephan says...
<snip>
>Yes, it would be nice to have a friend that is a hunter and had a surplus
>of venison. I do remember that for one of these two SCA feasts we were
>supposed to have venison steaks or somesuch, but the baronial hunters
>weren't as lucky as they first let on and we ended up with venison stew
>because the meat needed to be stretched some.

Okay maybe I'm lucky again. After searching far and wide I found a butcher
(in Quebec) where I can obtain any kind of meat that you could possibly want
at VERY reasonable prices. For roast/steaks I believe they charge
approximately $9/kilogram, which works out to about $4/lb. Ground venison,
which I use in Hart Tarts (obviously) is even cheaper.

I am going to assume if we really searched we would all be able to find
someone like I have. I can't think that Ottawa is the only place to have
access to this kind of service. But I am making an assumption here. Anyone
have a more educated opinion on this?

Micaylah