SC - The Dom AND the Ro

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:00:42 PDT 1998

> > inches across. Eaten, in some parts of the South, with chocolate gravy
> > or sausage gravy.

> I like sausage gravy, but *chocolate* gravy????? Is this like a
> greasy mole' sauce? Or does this refer to a dark gravy rather
> than one with chocolate in it?
>
> Stefan li Rous
> stefan at texas.net

If the original poster doesn't reply, I will get this recipe from a book in
our library.  It is an Appalachian recipe, a not very sweet sauce made from
cocoa, but a real treat to those in rural appalachia a generation or so ago,
who still lived a very medival existence, surviving on what they could grow
and scavenge, with almost all effort and money directed toward surviving the
winter.  A book in our library contains variations on this, as well as useful
recipes like how to cook a groundhog.

Bonne