SC - Sausage Gravy & Chocolate Gravy (long!)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jun 12 07:59:06 PDT 1998

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:56:29 -0400 Bonne <oftraquair at hotmail.com> writes:
>We moved house last week, and I've discovered a fig tree behind the
>garage.
>So, what should I do with them when they are ripe?
>
>Bonne

Send them to me? :-D

Dry them. Dried figs are one of my favorite things. Use them in pies.
Someplace I have a recipe for a pie with IIRC apples, pears and figs. I
made one onetime and everyone thought it was good, but I had to use dried
figs and I don't think I soaked them long enough. I would love to taste
the pie with fresh figs.

And for those of you who want to know......I have no idea where I found
the recipe. It was a "Medieval" cookbook, but whether it was one of the
good ones or one of the, shall we say, not so good ones, I don't know. If
I can find it, I'll post, but I think it was just the fruit mixed with
some honey and spices in a pie shell.

Julleran