SC - RE: roux from a newbie

J. Scott & Arisa Ballentine ballentine at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 13 14:16:17 PDT 1998

Thank you Ras. At this point (8 hours to go) it looks like a gloopy mess but
anticipate the texture you are speaking of. Although I am a "fly by the seat
of your pants" cook, and because I have never made this before, I am doing a
test run before I actually mass produce this for Dragons Revenge on Labour
Day weekend.

The first batch will have fresh ginger in it but since I am not a huge fan
of the flavour will be trying it without the ginger as well.

Will this have any bearing on the outcome of the butter or is it just a
flavour enhancement?

Micaylah