SC - Apple Butter Question

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 18:55:16 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/13/98 11:23:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
llewmike at iwaynet.net writes:

<< It is a large white gourd
 introduced into Europe during Roman times according to Jane Grigson.
 After a little more research, I have come to the conclusion that what he
 meant were the old world variety because he describes not only making
 pies out of them but also cutting them into strips for eating.  LLEW >>

Thanks. Now I have a place to start looking. 2  more questions if you don't
mind.

1. Which Jane Grigson book did this come from? I have her vegetable book.

2. Would you have a specific species name like Lagnaris (fill in the blank)?

Thanks in advance,
Ras