SC - Apple Butter Update

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 20:33:23 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/13/98 6:07:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< And which country and time period was this?  According to my research,
 >in early Ireland, there were not baker's guilds, which would be a
 >function of a large city.  Until the Vikings came, there were not
 >cities, just clan holdings.  I don't think that this was as universal
 >as it seems at first. >>

Technically, the culture of Ireland was not feudal inn the way that the
mainland or even England was feudal. Comparisons with it's culture and
mainland European culture is for the most part an exercise in futility. There
is a very good program about Ireland on the History Channel now called "A
Short History of Ireland" which gives a very good basic understanding about
Ireland and it's people. It was an eye opener for me.

Ras