SC - availability of books

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Sun Jun 14 13:49:14 PDT 1998

I usually aim to provide about one chicken between 8 people - by the time
the vegetarians and "I don't eat Chicken" people have passed, and the
people who are out having a smoke have gone, there is plenty, plus I
would aim to have an actual figure like 1 to 6, with the remainder kept
back as 're-inforcements'.

But I also tend to serve chicken as a minor part of the protein - usually
it is the third or fourth meat dish (in order of importance) except for
people who don't eat everything. If I was going for just chicken I think
I'd look at 1 between 3 for a medium - large bird, depending on what the
other activity was

100 g (~ 3 ounces) is usually enough cheese for a person to eat some and
throwq some around the room. Depends a bit on what style cheese you are
serving - often people won't eat much soft cheese, but for some reason
they really like ordinary house-brick type cheese. Oh well.

I assume that there are a bunch of genuine vegetable things as well...