SC - The Potato Recipe

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Sun Jun 14 22:00:56 PDT 1998

Micaylah commented:

Okay maybe I'm lucky again. After searching far and wide I found a butcher
(in Quebec) where I can obtain any kind of meat that you could possibly want
at VERY reasonable prices. For roast/steaks I believe they charge
approximately $9/kilogram, which works out to about $4/lb. Ground venison,
which I use in Hart Tarts (obviously) is even cheaper.

I am going to assume if we really searched we would all be able to find
someone like I have. I can't think that Ottawa is the only place to have
access to this kind of service. But I am making an assumption here. Anyone
have a more educated opinion on this?
==========

Thank you Micaylah and the other gentle who mentioned that at least
in Pennslvania, they could buy venison after hunting season was over.

I had not searched for venison because I had understood that selling
native venison was illegal. Perhaps I am wrong. I will check on this.
I know that imported British venison is available, but it is quite
expensive.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

PS: I'm yet another redhead. "li Rous" is old French for "the Red". I'm
6 feet tall, 220 pounds with brown eyes and thick-lensed wire-frame glasses.
I'm usually dressed in a long generic T-tunic, although I'm working on
getting closer to the outfit of a 1150's Anglo_Norman lord.