SC - Are creations period?

Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain msca at c2i2.com
Tue Jun 16 11:13:26 PDT 1998

Wolfmother has said (with much snippage):

>>... Historical Art/Sci is not the place for theinterpretation of history; it
is the place only for copying originals.  I think it's because most of the
judges in these competitions are not trained historians, and therefore have
very little, if any, practical knowledge of history as an art.  They only
understand history as a science, and then only as it applies to their
particular point of interest and assumed "expertise". <<

What lovely phraseology -- History as an Art!

I'm involved for the first time in the running of Caid's big bi-annual A/S
competition next year. This competition has had controversial judging rules
for years and there is much discussion going on right now on whether and how
to change them.

I'm going to toss Wolfmother's words into the mix and see what comes of it!

Renata