SC - The Potato Question

Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain msca at c2i2.com
Tue Jun 16 22:57:56 PDT 1998

Ok... Flame Retardant gear on . track shoes laced tight and ready to run.
Asbestos shield on back. Rock door open and waiting...Just in case.
As A&S person for my shire needing to run competitions and or contact
persons of expertice to judge or give classes or advice I hit Rock walls.
I have written the Kingdom Laurels office, without results (Atlantian)
asking for a list of laurels and what they laureled in and what , if
anything, they were willing to teach,judge, advise etc. on. I have people
looking for Masters in several fields and one considering taking an
apprentice (leatherworking) . My question then becomes: How the $#@#@ do
I get judges knowledgable in a field to A) come to an event and B) to
Judge a compteition, C) How do I identify them other than word of mouth
which is very subjective? Suggestions ??
I like kateryns suggestion below too.

Genevia MoAS, Shire of Seareach, Atlantia
Racing toward the Rock

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:07:34 -0600 (MDT) Mary Morman
>i also share bear's discouragement on seeing a costume laurel or an
>armourer or a dance master being asked to judge cooking competitions.
>it all to often turns into "what i like" rather than "what is
appropriate".

>elaina
>
>On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Debra Hense wrote:
>>> <<From: Mary Morman <memorman at oldcolo.com>
?>> Perhaps this could be discussed in a future issue of Serve It Forth?