SC - beans and souls

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Wed Jun 17 10:18:55 PDT 1998

>Methinks sometwo have forgotten that this is a GAME!  We are here to have
>fun and get more people into the fun, not chase them away with
>insensitivity like this.
>
>                                                   Jon

  In defense of the Baron and Baroness though.  They are only reletively
new to the thing, and live very far away from the rest of the Barony, so
most of the running is left to the Senechal who they trust implicitly.
   Our Seneschal and his wife are too full of their own worth (They ran for
Baron and Baroness and didn't make it.)  So they pretty much run things how
they want it.  The seneschal had the idea to raise the fees, saying that
the extra $10 odd on top of the standars non-member fees making an avarage
feast cost $28 or so dollars would encourage more people to join the SCA.
This was designed to boost membership.  It lost the College of St Guildas a
lot of members since it was too expensive for just one event.
  To give you an idea of his wife, well, she and two other girls were the
baronesses ladies in waiting for the last year.    During this year she has
allowed the other two girls no chanceto actually wait on the Baroness.  It
was a fight just getting her away from the casket in which the awards are
kept.  Everyone is convinced that its the power that goes with it.
   The populace have asked the Baron and Baroness if we can replace them,
but the Baron and Baroness who don't mingle much in their own Barony,
doesn't see any problem.  The populace it between a rock and a hard place.
Me.......I stick to the kitchen, the roasts aren't powermad, and neither am

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler