SC - venison

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Wed Jun 17 17:20:53 PDT 1998

> > I have a question on this. Since it's the sugar that sort of carmelizes
> > and creates the "butter", wouldn't using honey affect that?

> The full quote dealt with Appulmoy, a period dish.  The recipe gives no
> quantities, so it could be made with a little honey or a lot of honey.
> Since honey can do something that looks a lot like carmelization, the recipe
> might produce something similar to apple butter.  I don't know, I haven't
> tried it, and I am not as experienced with this particular aspect of cooking
> as some of the other people on the list.

Thank you kindly for the information! You had me wondering there for a
moment. Now I'm just plain old curious. I'll let you know how the recipe
turns out :-)

By the way, may I take this opportunity to thank everyone on this list? I
have never seen such a group of caring, helpful people who are willing to
share what they know unstintingly.

~Maedb