SC - The Rock and Dome

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Thu Jun 18 11:39:00 PDT 1998

kallyr at aol.com writes:

> This brings up a point-- why do we propose to believe that
> everything written in period was accurate?  Didn't they lie in period?

Of course they did.  History has always been written by whoever won the battle.

The trick lies in researching *around* the lie.  Henry Tudor's propagandists and, later, the Bard himself, would have us believe Richard III was a hunchback.  Until you get a look at his armor, which has been preserved for posterity.  Or read accounts of his actions in battle.  :-)

	- k