SC - Viscountess Regina

Phyllis Spurr Phyllis.Spurr at tdh.state.tx.us
Thu Jun 18 14:41:22 PDT 1998

> FYI,  my SCA _name_ is Regina Romsey, passed by the College of Heralds
> nearly 20 years ago (Oh, no, it _can't_ be than long!).  I haven't known
> any queen that uses the "Regina" alone, it is usually signed something
> like Arianna, Regina AnTir.

Well, hello there, Your Excellency! I didn't realize that was you!

For those on the Cook's list a little history. Once a very long time ago
there was this new kid who was stuck on an island in the middle of the
Mediterranean who had only attended a couple of events in Ansteorra.
I finally got some leave time and took a military hop to an event in
Drachenwald. Mistress Regina and her husband took me in, let me sleep
in her basement and showed me the sites.

Quite a few years later I offered a chair to a lady at Grand Court
at Pennsic and discovered it was this same noble Lady who had taken care
of a wide-eyed newbie.

And now she's on a list that I'm running. See how sometimes it's worth
taking care of a newbie? Every once in a while they grow up.

Thanks Regina.

And I was too new to be in awe of her, besides her husband likes bats too.

Yers,

Gunthar