SC - Roasted Figs with Thyme and Honey

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Fri Jun 19 23:12:56 PDT 1998

Anne Marie,

>>--ravioles are perfect! you can even make them ahad of time and freeze
them. Put them in the boiling broth on site, and voila!<<

This may take some care.  The worst feast disaster I've ever had involved
some maultaschen--that's German for a ravioli like thing--meat filling in
dough.  The people who were helping me wrapped the raw maultaschen in
waxed paper and then froze them.  The ice crystals made the dough soft,
sticky and totally yucky when they thawed, everything stuck to the waxed
paper, and we had to throw out well over half of the resultant mess.
I've played with them at home, and if I cook them *before* I freeze them,
and freeze them on cookie trays, then dump them into freezer bags, they
freeze well.  Open up the freezer bags, let thaw on cookie trays or oiled
foil covered cardboard from boxes--insta-trays!-and then slip back into
the simmering broth.  The first cooking I did in plain water.  Of course,
they're best prepared fresh and cooked in the meat broth, but sometimes
that's impractical.  It was the first time I hadn't done them fresh.  How
do you prepare your ravioli when you freeze it?

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com