SC - Jewish food in period

RuddR@aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Sun Jun 21 09:20:10 PDT 1998

The judges and stewards also make mistakes at times - my lady entered a
cherry wine and a cherry small mead in A&S - the cherry wine was very sweet
and the small mead was dryer and tart due to the type of cherries used. --
Both of them got marked very low, and the comments showed that the bottles
got mixed up - the wine was judged as the mead and the mead as the wine.
In a later competition, the cherry wine got a Master Work, and the mead was
only 1/2 point off a masterwork.

                                       Jon