SC - Mulling recipes

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Jun 21 10:45:03 PDT 1998

Well, folks-
They have arrived[thanks millions, the maple candies are going to be on
their way on or about the first]

They are not all that bad, I actually like them. In small amounts[the size
of a pea in the case of the musk sticks-similar to a soft version of the
candy cigarettes for us yanks over 25 who remember them] they are rather
pleasant. They have a flowery taste very reminiscent of real Turkish delight
made with rose water. I would hazard a guess that if I slipped most people
on the list one you would find it at least interesting. My husband tried a
small piece, and he didn't really find it to his taste, but he said it
wasn't gross. We both think that it is the idea that it is an animal gland
product doing the flavoring[or at least the synthetic version] that is the
mental turn off. Sort of like many people dont like the idea of eating
anything that isn't normal like horse or dog rather than beef or lamb.

they will be coming to pennsic and any events I go to in advance.
margali