SC - OT - Kilts

Gedney, Jeff gedje01 at mail.cai.com
Mon Jun 22 12:00:11 PDT 1998

< a  cheese grand slam[ the cheese, whey based bread, a whey based
lemonade and  homemade butter, with a research paper explaining about the
use of milk and its byproducts in the small households in the 1500s.]
>margali>

This sounds just wonderful!  (I have never heard of a whey based
lemonade, but I would try it!)  My late husband and I sponsored a contest
for several years called "From the Ground Up", with the prize (a gift
certificate to our bookshelves)  going to the best item with the most
documentable steps in it's production.  I remember a very simple wool
felt hat that won one year, that documented all the way back to the birth
of the lamb!  We also had a very nice inkwell, made of horn, the ink, and
even the quill all documented.  It is a nice alternative to the usual
judging process, and it really gets the old creative juices going as to
how much of your next project you could do that way.  I also like the
above method, sort of 'I used every last bit of this raw material, and
here are all of the products I came up with'.  How many different things
could you make out of 1 Pig for example?  (Roast, Sausages, Bacon, Souse,
Gelatin, Blood Pudding, Cracklin's, Leather, Bristle Brushes, Flutes,
Bones (musical), Wind Chimes, etc., etc., )
	Really, you can sponsor any contest you want to.  With enough
publicity beforehand, people will love it!

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies