SC - Re:undeliverable + borage

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Mon Jun 22 12:09:27 PDT 1998

> >>As a point of interest, where did you get the recipe you're using?<<
>
> It's the one in the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.
>
> Renata

I use one from Bread Baking, a little book I ran across 20-odd years ago.

Just for fun, I cross referenced with David's English Bread and Yeast
Cookery, Beard on Bread, and The New Professional Chef.  David defers to
Beard.  Beard's recipe is more complex than the one I use.  And the New
Professional Chef has a commercial recipe which starts with four pounds of
flour for the starter.  All use a two to six day fermenting process.  Beard
and my little off-beat bread book recommend refrigerating the starter in a
covered container.

The New Professional Chef ferments the starter in a sealed container and
expects you to use it up.  Very interesting, I may try it the next time I
need to produce 20 to 40 loaves.

Bear