SC - Outdoor Baking (was seeking recipes)

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:52:42 PDT 1998

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> > It's the one in the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.
> >
> > Renata
> >
> I use one from Bread Baking, a little book I ran across 20-odd years ago.
>
> Just for fun, I cross referenced with David's English Bread and Yeast
> Cookery, Beard on Bread, and The New Professional Chef.

A good beginning bakers book is "Breadtime Stories".  Sorry, don't know the
author because I don't own a copy. All the whys and wherefores are covered on
the life of yeast beasties; a basic flour, yeast, water, salt recipe is given;
followed by advice on how to slow down or speed up the process so as to fit
the bread baking around other activities; and a wealth of variations with
different flours and other additions. The gist of the book is bread as main
componant of vegetarian meal, so each variation also has appropriate, and
often ethnic/traditional soups, stews, etc.

Bonne