SC - Are creations period?

David Friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Jun 21 20:53:20 PDT 1998

< I have a theory that pot holders arent period cuz you didnt need them.
Long handles and manipulating cauldrons by the chain
>means you dont need them?

No, I'm not buying it.  You would still need to handle hot food coming
off of the fire, and hot kettles and cauldrons.  Maybe our padded quilted
square things aren't, but I tend to use a towel or my apron as often as
one of those anyway, so I don't think I would go along with the idea that
they weren't used in period.

> as well as example in catelogs of medieval kitchen toys.

Um, really?  Where can I get these cataloges?

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies