SC - Sourdough

Ceridwen ceridwen at commnections.com
Wed Jun 24 11:19:23 PDT 1998

At the risk of endangering my already tenous grasp on my self-
respect, and the respect of the list, let me tell you of a book.

The Frugal Goremt Keeps the Feast, by Jeff Smith.
ISBN:0 688 11568 3

Remaindered for $2.99 at Borders Books.

"recipes and stories that [may] explain how the ancient table may be
celebrated in our time and how food functions as theological talk in
the Bible."

He uses anecdotes, proverbs and stories from the Bible to make recipes.
The recipes are modern-looking (to me), being things like "Hommus with
Sumac and Hyssop" and "Rolled Grape Leaves with Lamb".  On a brisk read,
I only saw the one citation: for a Bible (trans).

But he does talk about food references from the Old Testament, (and the
New), and you might be interested.

==
HL Sergeant Conchobar Mac Muirchertaig