SC - Re: no pot pictures

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jun 24 23:59:06 PDT 1998

Bear commented about creating a list of A&S experts:

Write everything down.  Who the person is, where they are located, what they
say about their expertise and you opinions of their expertise.  This is your
personal list and the information is going to be used by you to produce the
best events possible.  If I were considering making the list public, I would
edit out the opinion and contact each person on the list to determine if
they would be willing to have their name on it as a matter of courtesy.

Update your list when the Heralds update the OP.  Keep track of the people
on your list when you meet them at events.

Yes, it is a lot of work, but it is a good way to apply networking to the
SCA.

Once you have the list, you can use it for things other than judging.  You
could use it to invite instructors to you next College or Symposium.
- -----------

Back when I was baronial A&S minister, I set out to make such a list of
those in my barony, Laurels and non-Laurels, so that I would know who
to refer folks to for info on specific skills. I found it almost impossible
to get such a list by asking the people themselves what they were expert in.
Most would decline and say they weren't experts. I got a much better response
when I started asking people to name other people and what those people's
skills were.

I drew upon this list when I was looking for the monthly A&S class we started
putting on.

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
stefan at texas.net