SC - Mulling recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jun 25 22:59:37 PDT 1998

Allison asked:

>Have no rose water, and no distilling equiptment,
>but there are a few roses in the garden.  Do you suppose that if I soaked
>rose petals in the orange juice overnight that I'd get the flavor I want?
> Heck, why not just grind up the petals as in rosee?

Rosewater is readily available and is apparently not expensive. Check
the following file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of my Florilegium
files. I believe it also includes the instructions for making rose water,
but unless you want to do that for authenticity, I remember it being a lot
of work.

rose-water-msg    (32K)  8/11/97    Where to buy. How to make. Rose-water uses.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net