SC - Viscountess Regina

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 26 00:12:17 PDT 1998

Papa says:  >>I would have appreciated the meal more if she had served
a feast with the same information.<<

Feasts are times when people are both hungry and sociable.  They talk.
They talk a lot, and fairly loudly--about the
tourney/classes/garb/gossip/etc.  In my experience, you can't feed a
crowd and instruct them, too.  When I've tried to give just a few words
about the feast or some aspect of it, people didn't completely stop
talking even for the herald's request for quiet.  Classes, IMO, are the
best place to describe theory/recipes/procedures or any other aspect.
Folks come prepared to listen.  If I want feedback for the 'feed', I just
listen to the hum--if it's happy, you can tell.  For detailed feedback, a
competition entry is good, and you can get assorted reactions to
classes--some learned, some not.  It's nice we have the whole gamut to
run for whatever purpose we need.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com