SC - OT Creativity Changes

John and Barbara Enloe jbenloe at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 26 04:24:35 PDT 1998

> Why enter A&S competitions?

That's a good question....... I NEVER enter A&S competitions......probably
since we never have any cookery or bardic competitions aside from Camel
Feast.

<SNIP>

>I don't know if I'm going to go down in flames for this but it just
>seems curious to me. We are the luckiest people in the Society because
>our skills are sampled by so many people and we get so much appreciation
>for our work.

We are lucky in a way since we get almost instant feedback, and that our
skills are sampled by the entire populace.  However I would also say that
we are unlucky in that we get instant feedback and our skills are sampled
by the entire populace.

Instant feedback is not good in the kitchen if it is bad feedback, sort of
takes the confidence out of some people.  However it is good if it is
positive feedback. (adds to the confidence and encourages).  It's a two
edged sword really.
As to the wide selection of people eating the stuff.  That's what we do,
we feed people.  If a wide selection don't sample my cooking at a feast
that I am preparing, I tend to ask myself some serious questions about my
culinary expertise.  To me it is not 'luck' that the food is sampled, but
an expression that I am doing my job.... I choose to do the work involved
beacuse I am a cook, and I couldn't be a cook if I had noone to cook for.

Just my 2c worth.
- -Sianan, hopping off that infernal soapbox which seems to be following her
around lately, eyeing her with what appears to be a malicious glint in its
knotholes.  She gives it a calculating look, rolls up her sleeves, takes a
deep breath............ and attempts to crawl under it (She needs a bit of
a change)

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler