SC - Jewish food in period

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sat Jun 27 06:45:47 PDT 1998

> I dont know as I'd recommend using antibacterial soap on your body as you
> should normally have SOME bacteria, these keep the really nasty foriegn
> cooties in their places. Like what happens when you take antibiotics and
> end up on Monostat... You're not likely to breed a special resistant strain
> of anything that could take over the world, but you could end up with some
> nasty rashes.

Actually, two problems with this.  Using antibacterial soap on your body will
not put your internal bacteria out of whack.  Taking antibiotics does that
sometimes, but not an external washing.  In addition, it doesn't kill all the
bacteria on your skin, only 99% of the billion or so in any squarefootage of
skin, just weeding them out.  Secondly, there are special breeds of bacteria
that are produced regularly because of the stronger bacteria left after some
"anti-bacterials" and antibiotics kill off the weaker bacteria and leave only
the strong to reproduce and multiply.  For this reason, researchers reccomend
using bleach rather than other anti-bacterials (it creates this problem less in
testing).  These resistant bugs are not only more virulent, but they are
resistant to the "anti-bacterial" or antibiotic that killed their weaker
brothers in the first place.  I'm not saying that the resisant strains will take
over the world, but they are nasty and we create them everyday.  BTW, hot water
will weed out the nasties, but will not kill them all unless you're using 180
degrees (that's why sanitizers are set at that temp).

Brenna of Lyonsbane