SC - Competitions?

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Jun 27 09:01:18 PDT 1998

Christi said..
<big snip>
>SCA "knowledge" is largely very unreliable oral tradition, based on the
>mistaken idea that the fact you encounter something in the SCA is a good
>reason to believe it is period--and I think one should avoid making it
>worse than it is.

I tend to agree with this if only from a mundane standpoint. The only way to
be sure that what your cooking/making/creating/singing is period, is to do
the research yourself, or have help from forums like this one, which is
honoured by the likes that "know" exactly what their talking about and as we
listen to these pearls of wisdom garner even more knowledge.

M.