SC - Outdoor Baking (was seeking recipes)

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Mon Jun 29 14:04:20 PDT 1998

>But how can I possibly feel as if I were in the middle ages when I camp
>next to a frat party? Who shall give in an reduce their enjoyment in
>order to increase the others?
>
>/UlfR
>(pretty much flameproof, but willing to listen to arguments)

You just need suitable armament.

A few Pennsics back, Enchanted Ground was camped next to Ansteorra. On (I
think) the last evening, they had a very loud party with drumming etc. We,
of course, were holding our usual evening bardic circle. That was the
Pennsic I was recovering from pneumonia and couldn't tell stories much
above a whisper; there was also a harpist at the bardic circle.

We waited until two of our three shaum players were back in camp, then
treated our neighbors to an impromptu shaum concert (shaums are very loud
instruments). They got the point, and kept down the noise to a reasonable
level the rest of the evening.

Though the sound that they make is quite froggy
You must never play shaums when it's foggy
Lest ships go aground
Through mistaking the sound
For a foghorn--which makes sailors soggy.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/