SC - OT Creativity Changes

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 18:22:40 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/29/98 3:40:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< I'm not quite clear on whether we can post a recipe from a
 currently in-copyright book that is for sale.  Is one recipe OK, people? >>

At the risk of digging up a sore subject, according to Llewellyn Press
individual recipes are not copyrightable except in the context of collections.
The amounbt paid to an author of an "original" recipe is so small it is not
worthwhile to go to court over it. Alternatetively, only a few of us on the
list are "professional" writer's and we opnly glean recipes for our own use or
educational purposes. For a fair and ethical usage policy, read His Grace,
Duke Cariadoc's usage policy.

The last time this subject came up many opinions were expressed most based on
gut reaction and emotion and none, IIRC, based on actual leagal precedence.
Post your reciope. If someone has a problem you can say "OOPS! Sorry!" and
that will be the end of it.

Ras