SC - Jewish food in period

Ceridwen ceridwen at commnections.com
Tue Jun 30 11:45:58 PDT 1998

	Gentles;
	Please consider:  that "Native Americans" also cooked in bladders using
hot rocks to pass heat.  Apache resin coated baskets also were used to heat
water, easy to make, easy to replace if you need to abandon it in a hurry.
	Also similar things have been suggested for early man types all the way
back to Neaderthal and Cro-Magnon.  Of course these peoples and times did
not have the enlarged tool assembly that Medieval Man would have had access
to.  Would the very bottom of the social structure ( untouchables - herders
- - nomadic types - ? ) have access becomes a very interesting question.  In
India today, untouchables are still the poorest classes in an incredible
depressed tool culture, VCR's v. People Powered Carts and Starvation.