SC - verjuice

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Tue Jun 30 17:08:30 PDT 1998

Joanna said...
<snip>
>Really, I have found most smokers in the SCA to be fairly polite.  I now
>leave it to my friends to tell people not to light up if they are upwind
>of me, because of allergies and personal preference.  If, however, I join
>a group where someone is already smoking, I know what I am in for and
>think it wouldn't be nice to ask him to put it out.
>
>Outside, it isn't much of a problem, but I am thankful that many
>workplaces and restaurants have gone smoke-free.
>
>(This is an opinion, not a flame, so don't use it to light your cigs!  If
>I am silly to the nth degree for driving a zillion miles to your feast,
>then having the gall to want to really smell and taste the food you have
>worked so hard to prepare, then excuuuuuuuuuuse me! ;<P)

Smoking, in the hall? I have never been to an event that allows smoking
inside.  (although Freya has told me that they still smoke inside at events
in Quebec City. She rarely goes because of her allergy to smoke) I can't
imagine smoking at an event other than when the "Smokers' Guild" convenes on
a sunny hillside, or cold, rainy stoop, or winter windy plain. We do so like
to be in tune with nature. It would spoil it for me if our little "meetings"
were held anywhere indoors.

Okay, all kidding aside, I would feel very very weird smoking inside at an
event. Not just because of the non-smokers and allergy prone but because it
is just plain rude.

Micaylah
- -who will NOT, however, put it out when I'm outside, no matter who you are.
It is after all, still a legal substance!-