SC - Sources for period foods...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jun 3 23:14:04 PDT 1998

Avelina Keyes said:

There are enough of us here in different geographical regions that have web
pages.  What I was thinking of would be a page that says:

Joe Herb Garden
123 Any St.
Anytown, USA
(123) 456-6789

Then out a list of funky stuff they have available.

This list could also include markets that regularly carry some of the more
funky vegetables like parsley root and fennel bulb.

As a starting place, you might want to take a look at this file in the
PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of my Florilegium files:

seeds-msg         (59K)  7/29/97    Sources for period plants and seeds.

This file is just text; no pictures. Perhaps a webpage could hold pictures of
some of these unusual plants or their seeds or fruits. Maybe URLs that could be
picked to go directly to those merchants that have their own webpages.

My files are at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net