SC - white peas????

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 19:08:32 PDT 1998

upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu writes:

<< I know we've talked about this before, but I dont remember any conclusion.
 Some think "white peas" are another variety of peas, lighter in color
 I think they're dried peas, with the hulls on, which are white/very pale
 green in color. When you cook them, the hulls float off, and the peas go to
 the normal dark green moosh. >>

Although I tend to agree with you , there are at least two types of peas
available commercially . One being the common garden pea we all know and the
other being a "yellow" pea which is used for a southern USA specialty pea soup
called "Yellow Pea Soup". I am digging for info on pea variations and will
post the results as soon as the Agricultural Extension officer gets back to
me. :-)

Ras