SC - A gentle's good deeds

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Tue Jun 9 07:13:09 PDT 1998

>Anybody else got a "pleasant story"  they care to share?

Yes I do actually!  I get migraine-like headaches from a vertebrae in my
neck that was damaged in a car wreck.  Because of this, as my tension level
increases, at times, my neck tenses up and headaches begin.  At my first
feast in the barony I worked all week trying to get ready.  I wanted to
enter a marzipan Baronial device into A&S and make a "stained glass" candy
device also.  Both of these items never made it (still working on that).  I
also was researching sugar paste to make wells for the center of the tables
to hold little candles and such which my cats destroyed the day before.  So
everything was going wrong for me to say the least.  But I wasn't too
worried about the "extras", but I was concerned that I had undertaken this
magnitude of feast and didn't know enough people in the Barony to have a
great deal of help in the kitchen.  I had a few brave souls that did (and I
will never forget their help).  but one of the greatest helps was that my
Mistress (who I became an official Apprentice to that evening) came into the
kitchen just as my headache became bad enough to begin to make me black out
and kicked me out of the kitchen for a little while.  When I came back the
kitchen was full of people getting things ready and even our Baron had come
in and filled the bread swans with butter.  My feast was right on time.  I
won the Cooking competition for the day with my gingerbread and no one
noticed that I changed the order of the course slightly and completely got
rid of one dish.  So, my first feast here was a great learning experience.

Murkial

Christi Redeker
Digital Equipment Corporation
Colorado Springs, Colorado