SC - RE: Fermented Beverage Recipe Question

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 09:34:04 PDT 1998

For bread there was a guild which controlled
apprenticeships, access to
becomng master, was involved with price control
(as well as local
government) and assays.  I doubt 'everyone' knew
how to make bread -
<<<<<<<<

And which country and time period was this?  According to my research,
in early Ireland, there were not baker's guilds, which would be a
function of a large city.  Until the Vikings came, there were not
cities, just clan holdings.  I don't think that this was as universal
as it seems at first.

Tyrca

==
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir