SC - Will it be enough?

kathe1 at juno.com kathe1 at juno.com
Fri Jun 12 19:28:12 PDT 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:48:41 -0400 Tamara Crehan
<tcrehan at mssupport.microsoft.com> writes:
>I had added this into the reply to Brokk, but didn't get any answers,
>so
>I figured I'd ask separately.

 Didn't follow this thread, so I'm not sure what you're doing, but here
goes some kind of guess......

>How many pounds/bricks of cheese do I need for 100 people? I'm
>planning
>on three different kinds of cheese.

Depends on what else you are serving. We once did lunch (bread, cheese,
ham and fruit) for 425 people with IIRC about 30+ pounds of cheese.

>Also, will 40 roast chickens be enough?

Again, depends on what else you're serving and how big the chickens are.
40 chickens for 100 people is between 1/3 and 1/2 chicken per person. If
you get 6-7 pound roasters like I usually do, that's a lot of meat! And
you're serving at least cheese! I would assume that you're serving
something other than protein, also. :-) That's  *more* than enough
chicken. Even for fighter-types! If you're getting smaller birds, you can
figure it out easily. 1/3 of a 4 pound chicken is 1 1/3 pounds - not all
meat of course, but still more than enough if you are serving other
foods.

>Thanks in advance-
>
>Cessara

Hope that helps.