SC - Soup

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 15 10:42:41 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 14-Jun-98 SC - Soup by
Micaylah at freenet.carleto
> Sorry 'bout that. This recipe is based on Mrs McLintock's Receipts for
> Cookery and Pastry Work which was published in 1986 but was reproduced from
> the original Scottish cookbook done in 1736.

Isn't this a wonderful little book?  When I did a feast for a Scottish
event, I used it for some of the recipes -- but I also read a fair
number of descriptions of Scottish food in period, and matched recipes
with ones from period English Cookery books.

toodles, margaret