SC - Beans for the Dead?

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 16 08:58:07 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 16-Jun-98 Re: SC - Beans for
the Dead? C. Seelye-King at juno.com (1641)

> >  As I said there is and assassins feast soon and I have been asked to
> >prepare a dish that the autocrat had once at another event which he
> >called "Fava de Morti"  which as far as I know means Beans for the Dead.
>  The Feastocrat from that event has left the state, and I've never heard
> of  this particular dish before.  Does anyone out there know what I'm
> talking  about?
> >And if so, could they send me the recipe....it  sounds......interesting.

It's in Castrelvett'si (I think that's the name) The Herbs, Fruits, and
Vegetables of Italy (published in 1614, so it's almost period).  Barnes
and Nobles carried this for a while, and you may still be able to get it
through amazon.com.

My copy is at home, but I'll dig it up tonight and post the recipe tomorrow.

toodles, margaret