SC - Re: frozen ravioli/maultaschen

Robyn Probert robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au
Sun Jun 21 21:26:14 PDT 1998

At 01:21 AM 21/06/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all from Anne-Marie
>Allison asks about our ravioles and how we did them.
>
>We used fresh pasta sheets (containing flour, water, egg and salt). Placed
>dollops of filling (cheese and herb, as per Barbara Santiches new book on
>The Original Mediterranean Cuisine), seal with a fork. The pasta was fairly
>well floured, so when we threw them in the ziplock bag and then into the
>freezer, they didnt stick to each other at all.

I've had a lot of success mundanely by freezing them in a single layer on a
sheet, then transferring them to bags once frozen - they don't stick
together at all and you can tip them straight frozen into the boiling water.
Hope it works well!

Rowan

Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia