SC - Competitions?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Jun 27 14:37:26 PDT 1998

At 12:01 PM -0400 6/27/98, Micaylah wrote:
>Hello the List...
>
>Here is Ealdormere I have yet to see much activity in the culinary arts
>competition. Are there any gentles out there who can give me some ideas on
>how to initiate and incent this type of interest?

Let me suggest instead that you try other and better approaches to
generating interest in period cooking. Get some recipes from a period
cookbook that you think it would be fun to try, invite other people who
think it would be fun over to your house (this works better if you, or
someone involved, has a big kitchen), and spend a Saturday afternoon with
each person cooking one dish, recording what he does, and getting comments
from everyone else. We've been doing it for years and its both fun and a
good way of learning about period cooking.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/