SC - RE: Grains of Paradise (importing to Aust.)

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Thu Jun 4 05:13:20 PDT 1998

>Sianan,
>
>> BTW:  Does anyone out there know the botanical name for them?  I might
>> be
>> able to get them in without a whoel lot of fuss and heartache if I can
>> wrangle a supplier here in Australia.  Doesn't help that I can't find
>> match in any of the books.
>>
>We need to talk.  I imported cubebs, grains of paradise and long pepper
>from Anne-Marie's Spice Guy (hill at worldspice.com) without any problems
>from customs.  You may want to email him and see how he packaged them or
>filled in the customs claim form.

Ooooooooh!  Now THAT'S interesting.  It confirms my paraniod suspicion that
the Australian Customs are ganging up on me (she says looking over one
shoulder).  It was probably just an innocent mistake on the claim form,
however it was annoying, vexing and very offputting.

>Now shipping homebrew TO the US is a whole other headache !!!

That's interesting too.  Tell me about it sometime.
Regards
- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com