SC - Pine nuts

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 12:27:03 PDT 1998

<< I had one open up over a couple years just sitting on my desk.

 You can probably get them to open a little quicker by wrapping them loosely
 in foil, and warming them in an oven at low temperature.  >>

Most likely, but they are designed to open up from the heat of a forest fire,
so that the area is natuarally re-seeded, so I'm not sure what temperature
would work best.  Of course I had no intentions of going up into the mountains
and fighting the squirels for the pinecones in the first place. . .

Noemi