SC - Guilty Conscience

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 23:53:12 PDT 1998

<< Does anyone else have similar horror stories? I'm sure we would all
 be amused by them! >>

Well, luckily most of the events I have done feasts for the autocrat was my
then boyfriend/ now husband and he knew he had to go home with me, so he never
made any bizarre requests.

My worst feast had nothing to do with the autocrat.  I was one of four cooks,
at a Crown Tourney (the results of which have since been anulled so it is
reffered to around here as the Crown that never was).  Two of us hads a single
course, and the other two ladies had teamed up on a course and dessert.
Somewhere along the line I ended up as the liason to the autocrat and the
"head cook".  I had one cook i had to continually beat into submission, and
try to keep the other two from killing.  The site was great, kitchen was good
beyond losing a burner on the stove (and marauding chipmunks since we were in
the woods), and everything was going well.  Then someone had to rushing
talking about a tornado touching down at the camping site (it wasn't, it was
either a microburst or a really big wind) somewhere around the end of the
first course, beginning of the second course.  As a result half of the people
rushed out of the ahll to check on their belongings.  We managed to get the
second course out, and fast forwared past the third course (mine)  to get
dessert out while there were still people in the hall.  I ended up with so
many left overs it wasn't even funny. . .

The moral for me. . .I want to be the only cook in the kitchen and I reserve
the right to roast anyone who comes in with an interruption like that again.

Noemi