SC - Horror stories/bad manner - A question

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Jun 8 15:47:42 PDT 1998

Phillipa asked...
>> Just a question:
>>
>> I've read about plenty of horror stories on this list & I've seen plenty of
>> displays of bad manners "up close & personal."  How do horror stories & bad
>> manners fit in with chivalry & curtesy?  Just curious?

Not too sure that I'm answering your question but...
After cruising through reams of horror stories I have come up with two
reasons why this is good.

1) Enlightening others as to possible pitfalls and things to look out for
and avoid. (boy have I learnt alot with this thread)
and
2) Its a little like therapy to be able to have a forum to vent
occassionally. After all where else could we do this and not be considered
whiney and a boar (yes I mean boar)?

Unfortunately chivalry and courtesy are inherant and cannot always be
taught. Horror stories focus on the bad manners and the discourtesy of
others (be it intentional or not) and while that might be petty and
discourteous, in and of itself, it does help to "vent" to others that CAN
understand the reasons behind it and not appear whiney and a boar!

M.
- -who has been very lucky in her endeavours and only has two horror stories-