SC - A gentle's good deeds

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Jun 9 04:06:35 PDT 1998

> I propose to  you all, dear readers of this list, let us share some stories
> of our good cousin's good deeds!  I challenge you all to take a moment and
> share a tale of some good gentle's chivalrous deed - & yes I know this isn't
>  cooking, but so far I've read about frying an autocrat & other horror
stories,
>  so now it's time to write something positive!  :-)
>  Phillipa Seton

Well, Okay... First coming to mind are the people who portaged water to my
kitchen when it was discovered that we didn't have running water. This was
during my particular "Horror Story" if you'll remember, when the guy grading
the road accidently dug up the water pipe and hid it in the woods, making us
think the pipes were just frozen. Also the Autocrat who tried to thaw the
pipes and got wet for nothing. People just started trucking water to us to
clean the kitchen and eventually to cook with, an announcement hadn't even
really been made.

I think back on the thousand and one times when I've been fed well by
strangers, and fed other strangers to the best of my ability, the times we
worked to gether and got what seemed impossible tasks done with nothing, all
with cheerful if somewhat wry attitude, and I feel blessed by my association
with the SCA. I'm sorry if our venting disturbed you Phillipa, remember that
these stories stick out in our minds because they were in and of themselves
unusual. All the good stuff is S.O.P. , but it is nice to occasionally
remember the hundreds of kindnesses heaped on me by my cousins.

Corwyn