SC - A gentle's good deeds

Linda Giddings McKeown at micronet.net
Tue Jun 9 14:55:39 PDT 1998

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> The thread about horror stories and bad manners has been going on for some
> time.  People's pompous attitudes and lack of curtesy makes me really sad, but
> I propose to  you all, dear readers of this list, let us share some stories of
> our good cousin's good deeds!  I challenge you all to take a moment and share
> a tale of some good gentle's chivalrous deed - & yes I know this isn't
> cooking, but so far I've read about frying an autocrat & other horror stories,
> so now it's time to write something positive!  :-)
> Phillipa Seton
>
> 1- Maria the Fabric seller from Endless Hills (oh dear! Should I use a name?
> :-)   )  helped me fix my bodice at Baronial Investiture.  (I was falling
> apart) Thanks be to this dear lady for taking the time to help me.
>
> 2 - Lord Ras bought me some chicken that he was cooking when he heard that "a
> lady in that tent over there was quite hungry."  Thank you so much Lord Ras
> for caring about the hungry state of a woman that you did not even know.  True
> chivalry!
>
> Anybody else got a "pleasant story"  they care to share?

I was attending my second event in the Barony of Eskalya. Mind you my
mother had attended a number of event's before I started playing.I was 4
and 1/2 months pregnant with my first child. I started having
contrations every 4 minutes. The Chirurgeon at the time thought it would
be best if I went to the hospital.Let's not leave out that I am a whimp
when it comes to pain! So four knight's made there arms into a chair to
carry me to our car.But there was a nice new Harley behind us and we
couldn't get out. So on top of carring me to the car, they also picked
up the bike and moved it.To this day I am unsure of the good gentles
names.It has now been four years since that event but it was one that
will have a special place in my heart.